This course provides a detailed overview of the latest research and therapeutic approaches to exercise in the management of patients with lymphoedema.
Click on the headings below for more information
This course provides a detailed overview of the latest research and therapeutic approaches to exercise in the management of patients with lymphoedema. This information is essential for any practicing lymphoedema therapist because it challenges what many were taught about the presumed need to limit exercise for patients with lymphoedema. Jodi Winicour, PT, CLT-LANA, presents the material in an easy-to-follow, engaging manner.
By engaging with the course, you will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe patient specific exercise prescription for those at risk for or those with lymphoedema.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific exercise considerations for patients undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate current research findings into exercise prescription for those with or at risk for lymphoedema.
- Demonstrate an awareness of post-operative breast cancer exercise restrictions.
- Click the REGISTER NOW button below
- Fill in the REGISTRATION form then click the PAYMENT button where you will be directed to the Shop page where you need to click ADD TO CART.
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
- If you are a previous customer, simply enter your access details to login to your customer account. If you are a new customer, carefully enter your details.
- Please ensure that you enter a valid e-mail address as all order information will be sent to this address.
Place your order
- Click PROCEED TO PAYPAL to make your payment via credit card or with your Paypal account.
- Shortly after making a successful payment you will receive your order confirmation by email.
- Your credit card is charged and will show payment made to Victorian Lymphoedema Practice (trading as Lymphoedema Education Solutions)
Within three to five business days of receiving your registration and payment, you will be sent your username, password, and instructions on how to access and navigate the online course. You will have 3 MONTHS of access to the online course, starting from the time you receive your username and password by email.
Please ensure you have a reliable internet connection when undertaking in the course work.
Jodi Winicour, PT, CMT, CLT-LANA, graduated from Indiana University’s Physical Therapy program in 1993 and received her massage therapy certification in 1997 from Michigan’s Health Enrichment Center. Initially practicing general orthopedic physical therapy at Community Hospital East’s Outpatient Physical Therapy Department in Indianapolis, Indiana, she began specialising in the treatment of cancer patients in 1998 and lectured for the Physical Therapy Department of Indiana University.
Jodi was certified as an MLD/CDT Therapist by Klose Norton Training & Consulting in 1998. She received her CLT-LANA Certification in October, 2001.
In 2000 Jodi joined Cedars Sinai Medical Center where she worked to develop and expand the oncology and lymphoedema program in Los Angeles for seven years. Since 2007 she has treated patients with lymphoedema, cancer-related dysfunction, and orthopedic issues at Longmont United Hospital in Longmont, Colorado.
In addition to her work as a full-time clinician, Jodi has served as a class instructor for Klose Training & Consulting’s Lymphoedema Therapy Certification course since 2000. She is also the author and instructor for one of Klose Training’s most successful continuing education courses, “Breast Cancer Rehabilitation.”
Jodi has taught and presented at courses and conferences across the United States and in Europe on the topics of lymphoedema and breast cancer rehabilitation.
This course is an advanced level class. Students should have successfully completed a level 1 or equivalent lymphoedema course that is recognised by the Australasian Lymphology Association. Students can be physiotherapists, occupational therapists, medical practitioners, registered nurses ( Division 1), or massage therapists with Diploma of Remedial Massage (this is a minimum requirement) from a Registered Training Organisation listed with the National Training Information Service and may include qualifications that specify a primary modality such as ‘Diploma of Remedial Massage (Myotherapy).
Note: It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the skills acquired in this class are within their scope of practice.
The tuition for this online course is $95.00AUD (inc GST). The full amount is due upon registration.
You are required to approve the Klose Training and Consultation and Lymphoedema Education Solutions Participant Agreement on registration for this course.
To receive a Certificate of Completion, students must successfully complete an online quiz.
Upon completion of the course and successfully passing the quiz, the student will receive a Certificate of Completion verifying online course hours. The Role of Exercise in the Management of Lymphedema online course offers 2.5 contact hours of online continuing education.
Once you complete the registration form below, you will be directed to the payment section for this course.