This course will teach you how to safely and effectively utilise the techniques of elastic taping on patients with lymphoedema.
Click on the headings below for more information
This course will teach you how to safely and effectively utilise the techniques of elastic taping on patients with lymphoedema. After an introduction to the history and theory of elastic taping, you will learn techniques of elastic taping for patients with lymphedema of the upper and lower extremity and/or difficult-to-bandage areas such as the trunk, breast and head & neck.
By engaging with the course, you will:
- Acquire an understanding of the principles of elastic taping.
- Acquire an understanding of the indications and contraindications for the use of elastic tape on patients with lymphoedema.
- Learn to safely and effectively apply elastic tape on patients with lymphoedema of the head & neck and trunk, including those with breast lymphoedema.
- Learn to safely and effectively apply elastic tape on patients with lymphoedema of an upper extremity with persistent hand swelling.
- Learn to safely and effectively apply elastic tape on patients with lymphoedema of a lower extremity.
- Click the REGISTER NOW button below
- Fill in the REGISTRATION form then click the PAYMENT button where you will be directed to the Shop page where you need to click ADD TO CART.
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
- If you are a previous customer, simply enter your access details to login to your customer account. If you are a new customer, carefully enter your details.
- Please ensure that you enter a valid e-mail address as all order information will be sent to this address.
Place your order
- Click PROCEED TO PAYPAL to make your payment via credit card or with your Paypal account.
- Shortly after making a successful payment you will receive your order confirmation by email.
- Your credit card is charged and will show payment made to Victorian Lymphoedema Practice (trading as Lymphoedema Education Solutions)
Within three to five business days of receiving your registration and payment, you will be sent your username, password, and instructions on how to access and navigate the online course. You will have 3 MONTHS of access to the online course, starting from the time you receive your username and password by email.
Please ensure you have a reliable internet connection when undertaking in the course work.
Ruth Coopee, OTR/L, CHT, CLT, LMT, received her Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy in 1983 from Texas Woman’s University. Since graduation she has worked with patients across the lifespan–children in the school system to long-term care geriatrics–in a variety of settings from acute-care hospital burn, neuro and orthopedic units, subacute rehab to skilled nursing facilities and HMO clinics. Specializing in Hand Therapy she developed a number of outpatient Hand Therapy programs and achieved Hand Therapy Certification in 1991.
She has lectured on national, international, local and college levels addressing various topics involving rehabilitation of the Hand/Upper Extremity and Lymphedema. Ruth served as an adjunct professor at Worcester State College where she developed a Hand Therapy course for both undergraduates & postgraduates. Later she served as an associate professor in the OTA program at Greenfield Community College in Massachusetts.
Her special interest lies in the biomechanics of posture and its relationship to fascial and structural dysfunction. Since 1989 she has been studying and incorporating “Indirect” Myofascial Release, Muscle Energy, Feldendrais, Strain/Counterstrain, Craniosacral Techniques, and Zero Balancing into her treatment. Her focus on fascia and the “Whole-body approach” led to Certification in 1997 for Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage and Combined Degongestive Therapy.
Ruth has been using Kinesio Taping since its arrival to the USA from Japan in 1995 and teaching on the topic since 1996. She is a Ceritied Kinesio Taping Instructor and serves as the Occupational Therapy consultant to the Kinesio Taping Association. She was awarded “Instructor of the Year 2004” at the first Kinesio Taping Conference held in the USA, recognized for research on the use of Kinesio Taping for Lymphoedema, and was a guest speaker at the 15th Annual Kinesio Taping International Symposium held in Tokyo Japan, November 1999.
This course is an advanced level class. Students should have successfully completed a level 1 or equivalent lymphoedema course that is recognised by the Australasian Lymphology Association. Students can be physiotherapists, occupational therapists, medical practitioners, registered nurses ( Division 1), or massage therapists with a Diploma of Remedial Massage (this is a minimum requirement) from a Registered Training Organisation listed with the National Training Information Service and may include qualifications that specify a primary modality such as ‘Diploma of Remedial Massage (Myotherapy).
Note: It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the skills acquired in this class are within their scope of practice.
The tuition for this online course is $265.00AUD (inc GST). The full amount is due upon registration.
You are required to approve the Klose Training and Consulting and Lymphoedema Education Solutions Participant Agreement on registration for this course.
To receive a Certificate of Completion, students must successfully complete an online quiz.
Upon completion of the course and successfully passing the quiz, the student will receive a Certificate of Completion verifying online course hours. The Elastic Taping for Lymphedema online course offers 6.5 contact hours of online continuing education.
Once you complete the registration form below, you will be directed to the payment section for this course.