The Physician’s Lecture on Lymphoedoema provides an excellent overview of lymphoedema, its pathophysiology, diagnosis and differential diagnosis.
Click on the headings below for more information
The Physician’s Lecture on Lymphoedema provides an excellent overview of lymphoedema, its pathophysiology, diagnosis and differential diagnosis. This course is beneficial for all medical professionals who want to educate themselves about this important disease, but are unable to commit to completing a lymphoedema certification course. The online Physician’s Lecture is also beneficial for medical doctors who need to know about lymphoedema, but are not interested in studying the manual techniques required for treating lymphoedema. Your host, Kathleen Francis, MD, explains lymphoedema in the most understandable manner, making it easy and interesting to follow along. Please find all pertinent information for this four-part course below.
Note: This physician’s lecture includes a bonus lecture on Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) for Lymphoedema by Guenter Klose, MLD/CDT Certified Instructor.
Upon completion of the course, the student will:
- Understand the definition of lymphoedema
- Understand the difference between primary and secondary lymphoedema
- Understand the causes of primary and secondary lymphoedema
- Be able to differentiate between a variety of peripheral edemas
- Understand the medical indications and contraindications for Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) and Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT)
- Be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of infections in patients with lymphoedema
- Review of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathophysiology of the Lymphatic System
- Definition and Incidence of Lymphoedema
- Difference between Edema and Lymphoedema
- Usual Signs and Symptoms of Lymphoedema
- Stages of Lymphoedema
- Primary Lymphoedema
- Secondary Lymphoedema
- Diagnosis and Differential Diagnosis of Lymphoedema
- Imaging Methods for Lymphoedema
- Indications and Contraindications for the Treatment of Lymphoedema
- Medications and Lymphoedema
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI)
- Traumatic and Post-surgical Edema
- Infections (Cellulitis and Erysipelas)
- Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) for Lymphoedema
- Click the REGISTER NOW button below
- Fill in the REGISTRATION form then click the PAYMENT button where you will be directed to the Shop page where you need to click ADD TO CART.
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
- If you are a previous customer, simply enter your access details to login to your customer account. If you are a new customer, carefully enter your details.
- Please ensure that you enter a valid e-mail address as all order information will be sent to this address.
Place your order
- Click PROCEED TO PAYPAL to make your payment via credit card or with your Paypal account.
- Shortly after making a successful payment you will receive your order confirmation by email.
- Your credit card is charged and will show payment made to Victorian Lymphoedema Practice (trading as Lymphoedema Education Solutions)
Within three to five business days of receiving your registration and payment, you will be sent your username, password, and instructions on how to access and navigate the online course. You will have 3 MONTHS of access to the online course, starting from the time you receive your username and password by email.
Please ensure you have a reliable internet connection when undertaking in the course work.
Kathleen Francis, MD
Clinical and Medical Director
St. Barnabas ACC Lymphedema Treatment Center
Medical Director for Klose Training
Included with this course is a bonus lecture on Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) presented by Guenter Klose, MLD/CDT Certified Instructor, CLT-LANA.
No prior lymphoedema qualification is required.
This course is offered to all Medical Practitioners, Physiotherapists, Physiotherapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Nurses, Podiatrists and students undertaking health professional qualifications.
Note: Persons without a medical background who are interested in learning about the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system are also invited to register for this online course, but will not receive continuing education hours/credits.
The tuition for this online course is $415.00AUD (inc GST). The full amount is due upon registration.
You are required to approve the Klose Training and Consulting, and Lymphoedema Education Solutions Participant Agreement on registration for this course.
To receive a Certificate of Completion, students must successfully complete an online quiz.
Upon completion of the course and successfully passing the quiz, the student will receive a Certificate of Completion verifying online course hours. The Physician’s Lecture on Lymphedema Online Course offers 5.0 contact hours of online continuing education.
Once you complete the registration form below, you will be directed to the payment section for this course.